Notes on the requirement to provide proof
Requirement to provide proof
You must provide ASFINAG with documents that prove the rate-relevant characteristics of your vehicle (applicable from EURO IV onwards). There is no requirement to provide proof for EURO emission classes I, II and III; the highest toll rate applies to these.
Proof of the EURO emission class must be received by ASFINAG within 28 calendar days of the emissions class being saved on the GO-Box.
In any event, we will need a copy of your vehicle’s registration certificate.
Should the registration certificate not display the rate-relevant characteristics, please send in additional verification documents. Specifically, these include:
- CoP Document (Conformity of Production)
- CEMT certificate of conformity with the technical and safety requirements for a motor vehicle (CEMT certificate for short)
- CoC document (Certificate of Conformity)
You can send the documents to us using any other following methods
Watch a video about the evidence for rate-relevant characteristics
The rate-relevant characteristics of your vehicle over 3.5 t mpw have an effect on the level of the toll. The “cleaner” your vehicle emissions, the lower the toll.
As a temporary plate holder, you travel with vehicles of varying rate-relevant characteristics. You may provide all evidence for journeys made using a test drive or transfer license plate via the SelfCare Portal, within a reasonable time frame. This minimizes the risk of missing deadlines for providing evidence.
Then the following regulation applies to the proof of the rate-relevant characteristics:
- You must provide evidence of the rate-relevant characteristics of the vehicles to which you attach this license plate retrospectively for each period: for journeys between the 1st and 15th of a month up to the end of the month, for journeys between the 16th and the end of the month up to the 15th of the following month.
- The verification documents must be uploaded to the SelfCare portal.
The verification documents must clearly show
- with which vehicle you drove on the Austrian toll road network, and when.
- which rate-relevant characteristics are to be assigned to the corresponding vehicle.