- Find out in good time before your journey about the toll obligation in Austria and about the handling and function of the GO-Box.
- Don't forget: The toll applies as soon as you enter the toll road network! There are signs at the access roads indicating that tolls are compulsory.
- Take the opportunity to retroactively pay the toll (retroactively paying GO toll):
- within 5 hours and 100 kilometres at a GO point of sale.
- within 96 hours by telephone at the ASFINAG Service Center or online in the SelfCare portal (if you use a number of axles/category that is set too low or if you have incorrectly stored rate-relevant characteristics that require evidence).
- In the event of an incident: Pay replacement tolls on time and correctly. This will help you avoid the initiation of costly administrative penalty proceedings. In the event of administrative penalties, the authority responsible for your case will contact you. This authority will then be your contact for questions regarding the procedure.
- If you have any questions, please contact the ASFINAG Service Center – available around the clock by telephone on 0800 400 12 400 (free of charge from Austria and Germany) or +43 1 955 1266.
We take your concerns seriously. Complaints about substitute toll claims are conscientiously examined. However, the payment deadline remains valid even in the event of a complaint.
We monitor compliance with the toll obligation.
The employees of ASFINAG's toll enforcement body (Service and Control Management) are officers of public supervision. They are trained in training centres of the security executive (police) and sworn in by the district administrative authorities. They have service badges which they show upon request.
Around 100 people are on the road throughout Austria as toll enforcement officers. They monitor tolls and also provide advice, assistance and information (first aid, accident and congestion protection, retroactive toll payment, information, etc.).